Wednesday 2 March 2011

Roommates

I know we've only just met but lets skip right to the good stuff.

I have two roommates. And when we decided to be roommates about a year ago we were beyond excited. We spent the following weeks glued to the Ikea website sitting side-by-side discussing decor, and parties, and playfully arguing about who would get what bedroom.

Now between those bliss-filled and the time we moved in we all had our doubts. Will I be able to live with her? We she pitch in willingly, or will it be like pulling teeth? Will she stink up the kitchen or the bathroom? Will she do the cleaning? Will she play her music that loud?

We moved in fearing the worst in each other, and found that our 4 months apart had been a breath of fresh air giving us the break we desperately needed. And things were good.

For a while.

Now I'm the kind of girl that likes to deal with problems. I'll say right to your face whats bothering me in hopes that together we can talk it out. I quickly learned that I am a rare breed.

The other two struggle to discuss anything. Sadly one of them (girl A) told the other (girl B) how she really feels about her while under the influence. This started the bad blood, which only thickened when some lies girl A had told came unraveled.

Now I'm guessing you're asking where I fit into this. Well I happen to be Switzerland in the house who's address happens to be WW3. This has given me a new appreciation for Switzerland. As the middle ground I get to listen to both parties complain about the other, without giving any personal opinions. I have suggested to both of them that they discuss their issues, but unfortunately nobody listens to Switzerland.

Despite my attempts to stay out the way I can't help but get caught up in the crossfire when I'm living in a war zone. The drama of living in the middle of this scenario has caused me to manifest my stress physically. I have had all sorts of stress induced illnesses. Not fun by any means. The worst part is that neither party realizes the affect this is having on me. But how could they, they're busy planning their next attack.

Luckily the straight shooter that I am is not letting this scenario continue. In two short months I'll be leaving this humble abode to make a new home at a cute townhouse across town, with 3 very different new roommates. You know your living situation is a mess when you ask yourself daily why you don't have a reality show on MTV. I could just see it now. "Life is Peachy" a dramatic show about the real life of a young woman dealing with interesting circumstances in unique ways. The ratings would grow themselves.

I miss the simple days of kindergarten. When your biggest issue was not getting a pudding cup in your lunch box that day. Too bad life can't stay that way. Now I have to deal with defusing bombs, walking tightropes, and hoping for surrender.

Now will they ever be able to be friends? Sadly since neither one of them is making the steps to reconciliation the answer would have to be no. Will I continue to be friends with them? One yes, and one maybe. It's hard to sit here between the two and not want to leave it all behind. But the idea of throwing away everything that has happened over the last 1.5 years is not something I can easily swallow. I really wish things didn't pan out the way they have. But it's not my place to attempt to fix a situation that doesn't directly involve me. Especially when emotions run so high. I would like to think that this could all settle out nicely, but I'm not delusional. If it were easy to fix it would be fine by now, but that is obviously not the case. And till these two months are up I'll be stuck in this warzone, wishing for a peace treaty.

I guess it's a good thing I look good in camouflage.

That's all for now.
Stay Peachy.

No comments:

Post a Comment