Saturday 5 March 2011

A Letter to the late JFM may he rest in peace

Dearest Josh,

I miss you. But that is obvious. I hope you are well, and that you went in peace, without strife or burden. I think about you so much. What decisions you would be making if you were facing adulthood like the rest of us. What would you study and where? Still history and politics? Or would you have found a new passion?

I can barely imagine the effect it had on your family when you passed. Nothing meant more to you than them. You changed us all. If you didn't know that, you would have seen it when you left us. I know there is still damage from that, but I don't want you to feel bad for leaving us. Not at all. You left a perfect example of what it meant to be a friend, a confidant, a brother, a son, a student, an athlete, and everything in between. At an age when faith is hard to find in others you showed me what it meant to believe. I'm thankful to have known you.

When I switched schools you were the first one to reach out to me, the new girl. For that I will always be thankful. High school separated us all, but you managed to keep your ties to all of us. Status, and popularity didn't matter, friendship and connections, they were what mattered. You were never disrespectful, or rude, never fought, or ignored others. You always forgave, and understood. You were an angel of a boy. And a man before your time.

When we lost you I know I doubted my faith. And that wasn't right. How could I question God for taking you, when you were one of the greatest people I've ever met. I know now that your effect will always be in my heart. And I will continue to look for you in the people around me, because I know that you could have never completely left. Having you as an angel in heaven looking out for me puts me at ease. A part of my heart is forever with you. And I couldn't think of a better place for it.

Thank you for showing me what it means to be an extraordinary person. We will be reunited one day.

Thinking of you,
Katharine

No comments:

Post a Comment